Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Issues on runs

Twice in one week, pretty impressive for me. But I had to share about my 6 mile run this morning.First I was pretty impressed with my overall time of the run. Granted the first mile and a half felt like it took me forever. Granted, I did a lot more walking then I had anticipated, but I kept at it, and finally reached the 2 mile mark and things seemed to go faster. Then mile 2.5 happened, and my stomach started talking to me. And not in the good way. I figured it had something to do with needing some extra energy, so I took 4 sports beans, and downed some water. Energy wise it definately helped, but stomach wise not so much. Needless to say, I was dreading that I was running in a residential area with absolutely no privacy, or fast food places to run into. Thankfully, I ended up finding a bit of a hill, w/ some privacy and helped my stomach out. It was a bit embarassing, and annoying, but I know I'm not the first person this has happened to, and I'm not the last. From that point on, I didn't keep with a specific ratio. I ran for as long as my legs and lungs felt good, and then walked when I needed to. I'm sure that helped my overall time. I'm still not where I would like to be pace wise, but I'm making more goals for myself, and once I've figured them all out, I'll share them. Have you ever had an embarassing moment during your run?

No comments:

Post a Comment