Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Just call me old fashioned

I really need a new computer. The computer I'm using right now is old (it's from 2003) and it's slower than molasses, and just needs to be put out of it's misery. Unfortunately, life situations being as they are, a new computer is not in my new future. But thankfully, when I decided to do this marathon, I bought myself a pretty journal (on sale) and have been keeping track of my training that way. I've been doing pretty well. I've even increased my ratio to a 2:1, which also means my pace has increased. I'm still slow (as molasses) but I'm pretty proud of my 12 min a mile pace. My ultimate goal is to get down to a normal 10 min a mile pace. I'm pretty confident that I'll be able to do it. I just need to stay consistent. I've been finding that my Tuesday runs are some of my slowest runs, but it's because of my cross training that I do on Mondays. My weight training class has really been kicking my butt. Trainer L, has been focusing on legs a lot lately, and although I feel my pace is slower on Tuesdays. I'm feeling like I can go further on Saturdays. So I'm thinking it's all good. Well, that's the update I've got for ya. Do you have a specific goal for running, (besides finishing a race) increase speed. goal longer distances? etc... Hope the training is going well!

No comments:

Post a Comment