Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

consistency pays off

Holiday weeks always seem busy and trying to stick with my training plan during these weeks, are tough. So although I didn't get in as many runs as I had planned, I still had a few good runs. Before I started my blog, I bought myself a journal and planned on only using that to keep a personal record of my training. In this journal, I wrote myself a few goals to keep me going. One of them, was not to beat myself up over not being perfect while I train. Life is going to happen, and I can plan the best I can to make adjustments in my training, there's still going to be times I can't run, or stick with my plan. So this week was a good example of how that happened, and I must remember that I survived. I've also realized that missing a run or two isn't that bad, as long as I'm consistent. My plan was to stay at my current pace for a week, however, I've noticed that my pace has already gotten faster. I still have a bit more work to get to my ideal pace, but if I stay consistent, I'll get there before I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment