Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

No Pain!

Finally had energy/time to sit down to write tonight. I'm so glad to be back to training. I had started my pre training the last week of April. My pre-training was to help get me into a routine and the habit of getting a minimum of 5 days of activity a week. I knew it really wouldn't be that hard, considering I already had 2 days of what I consider cross training down. So it was just adding those extra 3 days. I had been on a roll for a good 2 weeks, then I went out of town to visit a friend for a long weekend, and then I got sick. I had a horrible cough, and no voice. I also felt like crap, and had no energy to get out the door. But that changed on Monday. Monday and Wednesday nights, I participate in a weight training class here in town. For an 2 hours a week, I meet up with my friends, and we use our own weight, plus free weights to work our bodies. It's an amazing class and I'm so glad I found it. So after being out for a week, Monday night felt amazing. Tuesday, I was feeling a little sore (the good kind of sore) and took it easy w/ an hour walk around the neighborhood w/ my mom. It felt good to get out and be moving, but I really wanted to go faster. But that wasn't the idea of the walk. Wednesday, class again. This time "Trainer L", wasn't so nice. It was brutal! She really worked us hard, pyramid push ups, mountain climbers, etc. It was painful and sweaty, but felt so good. Thursday, ran for the first time in 2 weeks. It was amazing. I have an issue w/ shin splints, and there was no pain at all. I had planned on being out there for 2 miles, but I was feeling so great, I changed my mind and decided on going 3. This was going to be my long mileage for the week, so I figured I could get it out of the way today, and do shorter runs tomorrow and Saturday. Especially since this is going to be a jammed packed weekend of celebrating my parents anniversary. It feels good to know that I got it out of the way and not have to worry about when to fit it in. Well, off to shower and relax before bed. Have a great night. Most likely be back on Tuesday night w/ a recap of the weekend mileage!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Thanks for posting on my wall! Did you move to the Bay Area?? I ran Nike in 2005 and then did my second marathon in 2009 (4 years later also!). Running Nike is when I fell in love with SF and moved out here from New York! Similar stories :)

    ReplyDelete