Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

And off we go!

Hi and welcome to my blog. I am running The Nike Woman's Marathon on October 17, 2010 in San Francisco. I am in need of support and accountablity for my training since I am training for this race on my own. I have run this race once before, however I trained while fundraising, and raising awareness for blood cancers with Team in Training. I had a team to support me, along with many others who donated money to a cause that grew to be extremely important to me. All these other people helped me feel accountable, I don't have that this time. So I must find a way for others to know about what I am doing and that will expect me to do my best. That's where this blog comes in. I plan on using this space as a place to write down my accomplishments, defeats, and everything else that goes along with my training. I plan on following the same training plan I was given during my initial training in 2006, I plan on using the run/walk method that helped me succeed the last time, and I plan on going out 5 days a week for a run or cross training experience. I'm going to incorporate 2 "rest" days as well. We'll see how that goes. I'm giving myself permission to listen to my body, and mind, and not to beat myself up over a missed training session, or work out. My plan is also to just finish and do the best I can! 26.2 miles is a long way to go, and I know if I do the training, it's more about the mental obstacles that get in the way. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you continue to come back to read about my training.

No comments:

Post a Comment